[Bug] Output file on decoding is always "file.bin"See original GitHub issue
Whenever I run this script to decode a video it generated, the output file is
file.bin. I tried renaming the extension to match the original file I encoded but it didn’t work. Morevover, this
file.bin is lighter than the original file.
- Created 3 years ago
- Comments:30 (17 by maintainers)
Top GitHub Comments
@KasperSvendsenGit Maybe try the same thing I just suggested to see if anything changes for you. On my end its working fine. @ThatIsAPseudo Something else that I can think might be the issue is maybe one of the dependencies is not working. Either ffmpeg or libmagic.
Thank you guys for pointing out these issues, it’s really helpful and interesting to see how other people are experiencing different things. Also, the program keeps changing pretty rapidly since people are contributing to the code base, so even though those parts of the program have not changed much, it might be helpful to make sure you’re on the latest git version, which is currently ahead of the PyPi version.
You can download/clone the repo, navigate to the program downloaded directory (unzip if necessary), and install that like this:
pip3 install .
I just tried (sorry for the delay), I wipped my install then reinstalled everything and it works perfectly !