BUG: Unable to retrieve MagicMirror modules. Is your internet connection up?See original GitHub issue
Describe the Bug
Is this an issue with the CLI or GUI? mmpm doesn’t start
Is this something that should be put in the Wiki? if it’s not a weird bug on my system, maybe enhancing the setup guide would be a nice idea.
A clear and concise description of what the bug is. When installing mmpm via python3 on a Ubuntu 20.04.01 LTS with a MagicMirror via Docker-Compose, the mmpm won’t start after installing and configuring.
To Reproduce Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Install as told in the guidelines
- Configuring with
- Try to do something (p.e.
- See the error
Expected behavior Able to use the software
Operating System, Python3 Version, and Web Browser
(Please complete the following information)
- NAME=“Ubuntu” VERSION=“20.04.1 LTS (Focal Fossa)” ID=ubuntu ID_LIKE=debian PRETTY_NAME=“Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS” VERSION_ID=“20.04” HOME_URL=“https://www.ubuntu.com/” SUPPORT_URL=“https://help.ubuntu.com/” BUG_REPORT_URL=“https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/” PRIVACY_POLICY_URL=“https://www.ubuntu.com/legal/terms-and-policies/privacy-policy” VERSION_CODENAME=focal UBUNTU_CODENAME=focal
- Python 3.8.5
MMPM Environment Settings
- output from
- Initializing MagicMirror 3rd party packages database ✘ FATAL: Unable to retrieve MagicMirror modules. Is your internet connection up?
MMPM Log Files
- Attach the file produced
Download MMPM log fileswithin the Control Center of the GUI or from the
mmpm log --zip
- unable to produce. Same error.
- Content of mmpm-cli-interface.log is repeatedly:
2020-10-26 20:15:12,804.804 CRITICAL utils - fatal_msg: Unable to retrieve MagicMirror modules. Is your internet connection up? Unable to retrieve MagicMirror modules. Is your internet connection up?
- your MagicMirror
- not existing
- Created 3 years ago
- Comments:7 (2 by maintainers)
Top GitHub Comments
This is most likely an issue with the MagicMirror 3rd party modules page. Someone probably altered the markdown/html which caused parsing to fail. I’ll have to look into the structure of the page
It seems, like there’s was a problem using a previous installed MagicMirror version. I’ve removed the MagicMirror Version installed & installed a new Version via mmpm. After the installation via mmpm & restoring the config & modules, everything works fine.
It seems like the error, produced in this constellation was just misleading. Not quite sure how to reproduce this error. Tried it on a similar machine, with a backup from the previous not working “prod” system and there it worked like a charm.
Seems to be a bug on my system.
Thanks for looking into it.