Action is pulling in binary files in a repoSee original GitHub issue
🐞 Describe the bug Syncing a file in a repo that has binary files will include those binary files in the PR and also modifies them.
Bug is recreated in this repo:
Here is the PR: https://github.com/cds-snc/sre-test-repo/pull/2
Please note this PR was triggered by another repo just to prove that it does occur in normal usage instead of just in the repo it was run in as I originally reported.
📚 To Reproduce
authenticate using a Token from a GitHub App installation
Add a binary file to a repo.
To create a basic binary file run the following command in bash
echo "00000000: ff" | xxd -r - binary.dat
- Run the action and the binary file will be apart of the PR even if it is not part of the configuration.
💡 Expected behavior
I expect only the files identified to show up in the repo.
Screen shot of files in PR in case it dissapears.
⚙️ Environment We pin Git SHA
- Action version: 878d649c33c834dc1eff4c00f7fcf16bf281eb63 Link to Workflow file: https://github.com/cds-snc/sre-test-repo/blob/main/.github/workflows/sre-file-sync.yml
📋 Additional context
It converted a basic binary file from in hex, so I imagine there might be an issue with binary files and this action.
FF 0F to
EF BF BD 0F
I also ran into an issue with a larger binary file, when using an image of about 960kb ran into the following error:
stdout maxBuffer length exceeded
Some test runs:
- stdout maxBuffer length exceeded: https://github.com/cds-snc/sre-test-repo/actions/runs/1865527594
- successfull run: https://github.com/cds-snc/sre-test-repo/actions/runs/1865638986
- Created 2 years ago
- Comments:15 (7 by maintainers)