Missing underscores while decoding a Atbash string.See original GitHub issue
- Have you read our Wiki page “Common Issues & Their Solutions”? ---->Yes
Describe the bug A clear and concise description of what the bug is. -----> Underscores are neglected while outputting decoded string which is encoded with atbash cipher.
ciphey -t "Tizmg_nv_zxxvhh_gl_gsv_nzk_kovzhv" Result 'Grant me access to the map please' (y/N): y Format used: atbash reverse atbash leet atbash reverse Final result: "Grant me access to the map please"
- OS/Distro: [Kali Linux 2019.2]
- Python version: [Python 3.7.5rc1]
- Ciphey versions: [Version: 5.5.2, Version: 0.3.1, Version: 0.3.26]
- Did you use Docker? ----->No
Verbose Output [https://gist.github.com/547y4m/bbebeea865dfe7f63f4269466071edef]
To Reproduce Steps to reproduce the behavior:
What input did you use? “Tizmg_nv_zxxvhh_gl_gsv_nzk_kovzhv”
What flags / arguments did you use? (-t) ciphey -t “Tizmg_nv_zxxvhh_gl_gsv_nzk_kovzhv”
Expected behavior I expect that output would be with underscores, but they are missing.
- Created 3 years ago
- Comments:6 (3 by maintainers)
Top GitHub Comments
In the first wiki page, I talk about why CyberChef can decode that string and Ciphey can’t:
And in the 2nd wiki page, I describe how we’re going to solve the problem of not being able to decode that string: