Gnucash 2.7 file not importing currenciesSee original GitHub issue
Steps to reproduce the behaviour
- Open GnuCash 2.7.3
- Create a new book with currency USD some default accounts (or just open a 2.6 book and re-save it)
- It’s possible this also affects other currencies, but I only tested with USD
- Import the .gnucash into GnuCash-Android
- The accounts are imported with the USD currency
- Every account has currency type XXX, even if you change the Default Currency setting to USD before or after importing
GnuCash Android version: F-Droid 2.3.0
System Android version:7.1.2 RR-N-v5.8.5-20170924-cheeseburger-Final
Device type: OnePlus5, rooted
GnuCash desktop version: GnuCash 2.7.3, Build ID: 2.7.3+ (2017-12-30)
I created two books with two GnuCash verions with default accounts and a couple transactions with USD currency and imported both into GnuCash-Android. The 2.6 version worked (imported as USD), and the 2.7 did not (imported as XXX).
If you run a diff (
diff -Naur <(zcat 2.6.15-base.gnucash) <(zcat 2.7.3-base.gnucash)) on the files, you’ll notice (aside from guid/date differences)
<cmdty:space>ISO4217</cmdty:space> has been replaced with
<cmdty:space>CURRENCY</cmdty:space>. I have attached the diff and both files.
It looks like 2.7.3 introduces breaking changes:
Their news page mentions these breaking changes on their Update Notes page, but I can’t seem to access that page at the moment.
- Created 5 years ago
- Comments:5 (2 by maintainers)
Top GitHub Comments
There is one place in GncXmlHandler.java that influence import of new format for currency. I made some fixes in https://github.com/codinguser/gnucash-android/pull/779 and it seems like working for me and can import from new and old files.
Fixed in develop via #779 Thanks @xzfantom