New "Contact Us" PageSee original GitHub issue
We are looking to create a new Contact Us page for people to route their support inquiries to the right place. We will use a form that submits directly to Front (our help desk tool), where the message will be routed to the right inbox based on the option selected in a dropdown field.
- Design team provide styling guidance / mock
- “What are you contacting us about?” should be a select field/dropdown
- Build new page and host at
- Work with @jdmaresco to run a test and figure out how to route the message to the right inbox based on what option the user selects in an input field
- Route to
/contact/successif form submitted successfully
- Route to
/contact/errorif form not submitted successfully
Thanks for your interest in our work!
- If you want to volunteer, see how you can help.
- If you are a journalist who needs help using our data, please fill out our [data-user intake form]. We’ll invite you to join a Slack where you can post questions and get help.
For everything else, please email email@example.com or fill out the form below.
Please note that we receive a high volume of inquiries, and as a volunteer project, we have limited resources. We are logging all feedback and making constant improvements to how we collect and present data, but we are only able to reply to a small number of inquiries.
What are you contacting us about?
- I want to report an issue with your data
- I want to report an issue with the website or web accessibility
- I have questions about state data grades
- I have feedback on the COVID Racial Data Tracker
- I’m a journalist with a media inquiry
- Something else!
Thanks for contacting us! Please note that we review and log all feedback, but we cannot reply to all inquiries.
Boilerplate Form Code (Provided by Front)
<form method="POST" name="fa-form-1" action="https://webhook.frontapp.com/forms/c3c09a5603c02d2b7f86/KU--_qKvaSkUZHR2T92KQZ8hy5TatxTkRexeSE4NtpFltSVYROQxxbkIdSNH3RcHlZUI4RGGlHL7NwDr00Ki8WMFSOoBBMmgZ28PppSbXx-SQVi51ogAj28bbn6M" enctype="multipart/form-data" accept-charset="utf-8" > <div> <label for="name">Name</label> <input type="text" name="name"> </div> <div> <label for="email">Email</label> <input type="email" name="email"> </div> <div> <textarea name="body"></textarea> </div> <div> <input type="file" name="attachment"> </div> <div id="html_element"></div> <div> <input type="submit" value="Send"> </div> </form>
- Created 3 years ago
- Comments:12 (12 by maintainers)
Top GitHub Comments
yes, I just need to update the callback URL in Front
On Thu, May 7 2020 at 3:45 PM, Kevin Miller < firstname.lastname@example.org > wrote:
— You are receiving this because you were mentioned. Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub ( https://github.com/COVID19Tracking/website/issues/818#issuecomment-625459478 ) , or unsubscribe ( https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe-auth/AAKEG33WLNSP2IPXU7R7T5LRQMFVHANCNFSM4M3RL53Q ).
I updated the success page.