[KED-3039] Kedro Viz cuts off exported png/svg when datasets are hiddenSee original GitHub issue
I found that when I disable datasets in the “element types” menu, Kedro viz cuts off the left side of the diagram when exporting to png or svg. This causes some edges in the diagram to be be cut off as a result.
I was trying to export the kedro viz diagram for some of my pipelines for including them in my documentation. I would like to use the export function instead of a screenshot because this allows me to export as SVG.
Steps to Reproduce
- Visualise a kedro pipeline using
- Disable datasets in the “element types” menu in the bottom left corner of the kedro viz ui
- Export the diagram to png or svg using the export button
The exported diagram should be exported as svg or png, with all nodes and edges visible
The exported diagram has some cut off edges, because the left side of the diagram is cut off
-- If you received an error, place it here.
-- Separate them if you have more than one.
Include as many relevant details as possible about the environment you experienced the bug in:
- Web browser system and version: Google Chrome Version 91.0.4472.101 (Official Build) (x86_64)
- Operating system and version: macOS Catalina 10.15.7
- NodeJS version used (if relevant):
- Kedro version used (if relevant): 0.17.6
- Kedro-viz version: 4.2.0
- Python version used (if relevant): 3.7.4
- Include labels so that we can categorise your issue
- Created 2 years ago
- Comments:8 (6 by maintainers)
Top GitHub Comments
@rashidakanchwala If I recall correctly, we had that issue in the past and it was fixed, so it’s possible that the fix has been reverted or a new similar issue has crept in. I don’t recall the exact fix but it might have involved updating the chart size before exporting in
src/components/export-modal/export-graph.js - that’s where I’d look first. Sorry I can’t give more guidance, it’s been a while. Good luck!