Product Marketing Director
About The Position
Product Marketing Director
As our Product Marketing Director, you’ll shape our product marketing practices to meet the needs of a fast-growing startup aiming for rapid product-led growth. You’ll be encouraged to innovate and use the latest, most effective marketing tactics, tools, and channels in order to create a vibrant community of users that contribute to both solution awareness, product uptake, and pipeline growth. You will also help shape our product offering, position and roadmap, based on your engagements with our customers and prospects, bringing in a wealth of knowledge into the company, and communicating the results of your work back to the field.
In Your New Job you will:
- Own product launches: create and manage our go-to-market tiers, plans, and process for new features and releases:
- Top-of-funnel: communicate product messaging across website content, blog posts, social media -- especially professional forums, and other web outposts.
- Mid-funnel: write product-related lead nurturing emails, newsletters, and website chat automated responses.
- Bottom-of-funnel: communicate and educate changes and new features, and their added-value and UVP/ USP to our Sales team, including demo, battle cards, objection handling, and more
- Develop product messaging and positioning for the global market that differentiates our products, including a market education plan
- Develop and own our Sales Enablement Program:
- Including persona definitions, corporate deck, objection handling, battle cards, competitive research & analysis, product feature deck, and more.
- Developing any other supporting collateral and training materials to enable our fast-growing sales team -- such as use cases, case studies, call scripts, market research, and more.
- Work with Sales & Success Teams in order to determine feedback from customers, questions, support requests -- and create relevant collateral to help mitigate common issues and questions
- Own Product-Led Growth: you will lead product-related marketing campaigns and activities, which are targeted at increasing adoption of our products and features =
- Develop a constant feedback loop between the field and the company: you will engage with customers and prospects, and share insights back to the product, marketing and sales teams.
We'd Love to Have Someone with the following professional experience (don't worry if you don't have all these -- so apply even if the job appeals to you but you don’t necessarily check all the boxes):
- 3+ years experience as Product Marketing for a SaaS company
- Experience marketing SaaS, cloud, DevOps, application lifecycle management (ALM), Application Performance Monitoring (APM), and/or developer tools
- Demonstrated success as a member or leader of a product marketing team for a B2B company focusing on the developer and / or devops ecosystem -- and have experience marketing to enterprises as well as fast-growing cloud-native organizations
- Previous experience as a Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET), developer, DevOps engineer, or Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) is a major plus, as it will help you onboard quickly and be extremely helpful in marketing to our developer community.
- Excellent, authentic communication and storytelling skills - verbal, written, and visual - with the ability to distill simplicity from complexity when describing technical products. Have any examples of your best work? Send us a few links with your application. We'd love to see it.
- Experience creating both business-oriented and technical-oriented content for SaaS products
- English as a mother tongue, or very close to that
- Experience with managing product marketing material -- e.g. product or open-source package documentation on GitHub -- is a major plus
Lightrun is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Lightrun is committed to providing reasonable office accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.